Saturday, February 28, 2009

A day in the life of a Security Guard


I'm a teacher's aide at a public Jr. High School. Yesterday my students were not at school for various reasons (2 were suspended for fighting). They were also short 1 security guard. I was assigned to be a security guard sitting outside the 6th grade bathrooms. My school has security guards outside the bathrooms because of vandalisim and fighting that occurs in the bathrooms. I was less than happy about this assignment but thankfully our I.T. person gave me a notebook computer. I was in an Etsy chat room most of the day. The school had 2 events on Friday. It was "Oh no you didn't" Day and Cultural Day. I loved seeing all the boys dressed as girls. Too funny! Also, I was offered various ethnic foods. The most interesting was Serbian sausage called "Chibachochee"or something like that. I'm glad I didn't have to break up any fights. Some boys were less than thrilled that we limit the amount in the bathrooms to 3. I had a lot of pained expressions and dancing. Overall it was totally boring, I feel for these guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment